Tuesday 5 March 2013

Gotham Villains 3MT Life Drawing


Last friday I attended a life drawing session in Manchester at the 3 Minute Theatre with Dr Sketchy. It was very close packed, a literal full house and very exciting to be at - there were 3 models, Cat woman, Poison Ivy and The Joker. It was really beneficial for my work as my FMP is based around villains. The atmosphere was great as was the entire session - they used tracks of music to time each pose and experimented with lighting and props throughout. As usual I started out slow but managed to get the hang of sketching the further in I got, however due to the lack of space I found myself unable to experiment media wise - maybe next time!




Poison Ivy started her section off with a mini performance showing the transformation,  her outfit was really interesting as it lighted up




There were also a number of competitions throughout the night that involved coming up with comic and film titles and compositions. 





I really enjoyed the session and would definitely participate in another one


No comments:

Post a Comment