Thursday 14 June 2012

ECG T-shirt Design Competition



I had a go at the ECG competition that is currently running via their facebook page - which was to design an A4 logo for the UK's representatives to wear during the finals in Paris. The deadline is technically one day away so I don't expect much but it made for good practise.


I did a couple of random sketches and ended up really liking this one - most likely for the novelty. Originally I hadn't really planned to include a moustache - but then it sort of appeared.
It felt appropriate as the hobby itself should be considered as a fun activity - it also showed the aspect of dressing up - male and female participation/crossplay and good old British roots ;]

I figured with the moustache this design seemed a little to cluttered on the left so I attempted a version without it which looked much cleaner. I also then adapted another version to include the moustache but sacrificed the yellow star icon from the main logo to reduce the amount of material in the bottom half of the image as a result. 


As there was no limit to submissions I ended up entering the last two designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment